Life and times of SchizoSherlock

Friday, February 1, 2008

Reflections of an addict

I have often asked my guitar wielding friends, what is it about this particular instrument that captures the imagination? Why do heads start 'banging' and girls start swooning as the strumming tempo rises? I got numerous answers but they were hardly explanations, rather different ways of saying who cares. All through my college years I have been trying to fathom this mystery without realizing that I had become an addict. And as I was reminiscing about the good old days with my colleagues, it suddenly dawned on me that the guitar had actually become an integral part of my life. I was gorging on heavy doses of rock (ranging from industrial to alternative) and the constant sound of blaring, screaming guitars in my ears had become somewhat of a necessity. There had been early warning signs which were casually overlooked and before the addiction could progress to the next stage, I resolved to put a stop to it. Metamorphosis from a seeker to a brandisher would be my salvation and that is when I decided to buy a guitar.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tomodachi said...

niceeee!!! GUITAR rocks n rules... Jaldi se khareedo bhai.. from your blog it seems as if u gonna buy an electric guitar!!???

February 1, 2008 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger Saumya said...

nad so ends chapter one of the saugata roy guitar saga. in the next apisode, "how to break your guitar in a fit of on-stage rage and still play with it in the next concert".

February 4, 2008 at 5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the rockstars always got a new machine after they shattered the earlier one in the "fit of on-stage rage" :D

... just imagine, it would make a nice scene; our guy; cracking the guitar on stage :))

February 4, 2008 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

gr8 dude go for it let me know if u need a singer in your band.....

February 7, 2008 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger slim shady said...

Rock rules!!!!!

February 8, 2008 at 4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home